We all want that perfect pout. Those lips that have just the right amount of plumpness, that supple pucker, that pout that induces feelings of envy from our fellow thin-lipped sistahs. While some may opt for this filler or that injection, others clamour to stores in hopes of finding that perfect plumper that doesn’t cost them their whole beauty budget.
Psssst! You don’t really need any of that! All you need to do, is hit the kitchen.
What You Will Need:
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1-2 drops of Peppermint Oil
To be honest, this treatment might burn a little, but just like in all things beauty: if it hurts, it probably looks good. But why use these products if they make our lips burn? Simply put, the overall purpose of this treatment is to irritate your lips just enough so they swell. The Cayenne Pepper is a natural source that, when combined with the ground Ginger, helps to irritate and slightly burn your lips so they plump up.
Now I’m not saying your lips will actually burn, I’m talking more of a tingle. Luckily, we have the Coconut Oil to combat the slight discomfort. This handy little natural oil helps to lock moisture into your lips so they don’t get dehydrated, a common side effect of many lip plumpers. Finally, the Peppermint Oil is used to cool and soothe your lips so they aren’t tingling too much. So let’s put this bad boy together, shall we?
How To Make Your Lip Plumper
- grab a small pot, fill it halfway with water, and leave it on medium heat until it starts to simmer but not boil
- once your water is simmering, take a big container and place it in your water, but make sure no water gets into the container you essentially just want the heat of the water
- mix together your Cayenne, Ginger, and Coconut oil and stir until evenly combined
- add in your Peppermint Oil and stir again until even
- take your pot off the heat, pour your mixture into a glass jar with a tight lid (or lipgloss container), and place into your fridge to cool for 20 minutes
- once your plumper is cool to the touch, dip a (clean) finger in and apply evenly to your lips
And there you go ladies! A quick, natural, and oh-so-affordable lip plumper that not only costs pennies per treatment but also works a treat! That Mother Nature, she sure does know how to make one hell of a beauty treatment.
Vanessa is the chief blogging babe for BesSkincare.com where she blogs and vlogs about all things skin care, including reviews on products such as Meladerm, as well as handy DIY tips and tricks to help her readers look and feel their very best…for less!